Today, Microsoft SQL Server is the first choice of companies in order to build or manage a strong relational database. But, while working on SQL Server, many users face some problems. These issues further disturbed the complete database workflow. Amongst all, the SQL error 9100 is the common technical glitch that frequently occurs in SQL database. This issue mostly triggers in SQL Server 2005, 2008 (R2) and 2012. The major cause of Microsoft SQL Server error 9100 is index corruption in the SQL database. This problem can be clearly understood by a real-life scenario.
“Please help me! I got an error message ‘Possible index corruption detected. Run DBCC CHECKDB. (Error 9100 in SQL Server)’. I have almost 2 TB of database in Microsoft SQL Server. I have been trying to fix this error with the help of DBCC CHECKDB command. But, it takes lots of time to execute. So, I urgently need a quick way to resolve MS SQL Server Error 9100.”
As you see this error can occur any time without any prior notification. Sometimes, it also corrupts the user database. So, after understanding this problem, we have come up with this article. In the subsequent sections, we are going to discuss some suitable methods that can fix SQL index table and remove error code 9100.
Techniques to Fix Microsoft SQL Server 9100 Error
In the following section, readers will understand two manual approaches in order to fix SQL error. So, let’s begin with the first method.
Method #1: Use DBCC CHECKDB
DBCC CHECKDB command is the first preference of a user to resolve any error in SQL database. The function of this command is to find out physical and logical integrity of all objects in the database. When the user executes this database command, the below listed parameters is checked in the database:
- Check logical data consistency on a single table
- Correct arrangement of indexes
- Proper connection of indexes & data pages
- Uniformity among pointers
- Suitable volume of page offset
The following commands are required to check the logical and physical integrity of objects in particular database are as follows:
- DBCC CHECKALLOC – This T-SQL function is to verify the consistency of memory space allocation structure of a database.
- DBCC CHECKCATALOG – This command work is to check the consistency of catalog for a specified SQL database.
- DBCC CHECKTABLE- This command is used to investigate all the structures and pages that create index table in SQL Server.
Important Note: All of the above-discussed T-SQL commands executes automatically when DBCC CHECKDB commands runs on the console.
Method #2: Regain Data From Backup
It is possible that the SQL error code 9100 will not be removed by DBCC command. So, the next step is to extract data from backup file. In such a situation, when the database is restored from the recent backup files, only the current data will not be recovered and rest of them will be retrieved easily. Below are some points that need to keep in mind while taking backup:
- Take backup of SQL database on regular basis.
- Backup file must be stored in safe location that has minimum access.
Shortcomings of Manual Approaches
Almost all manual workarounds are free of cost. But, they come up with some downsides. Yes! you heard it right. So, it is always advised to first look at the limitations of manual method, then use it at your own risk. In a similar manner, the above-described traditional approaches have some demerits that must be known to the users. The following negative points of manual techniques are listed below;
- In case, when users have large database, then DBCC CHECKDB command takes lots of time to rectify the error.
- It is must to have proper knowledge of T-SQL before using the manual techniques.
- Any mistake while writing a query can make the situation worse.
- In the absence of backup file, users cannot use the second manual method.
Quick Way to Fix SQL Server Error Code 9100
- It is evident from above that users need to face various problems while using manual techniques. So, it is better to have a solution that is easy to use and error-free. SQL Database Repair Tool is one of the smartest solutions that works directly on the root cause of error code 9100. Embedded with strong algorithm, software is capable to repair index file of SQL database within a few clicks.
- The tool also fixes the primary as well as secondary database file without losing any single bit of information. The software has a self-explanatory interface that also provides an ease to users in order to resolve the errors in Microsoft SQL Server database. The plus point of utility is it supports SQL Server 2017 or all below editions.
Let’s Sum Up
Technical error code 9100 encountered in SQL database not only disturbed the normal workflow, but also leads to corruption in database. That is why in this article, we have covered manual as well as professional method that can resolve Microsoft SQL Server error 9100. So, it is advised to choose any of the discussed methods to fix this problem and safe your crucial database.