Summary: This article intends to educate you the step by step procedure to recover SQL database from suspect mode. Here is a step by step guide to perform this task. In case manual solution won’t work for you then the user can try the SQL recovery software to recover MDF file database items.
Microsoft SQL server is highly oriented and trusted relational database management system. This is largely used by IT organizations, professionals, students, and institutions. The Handling of MS SQL database requires strong technical skills and expertise. SQL DB can have a specific state at a time and it runs in different modes which are online, offline, recovering, restoring, recovery pending state, Emergency mode, suspect mode, etc.
One of the common problem faced by the users is that the database is in Suspect mode, This means that the primary filegroup of the database is corrupted. If the SQL database goes into the suspect mode then the user will neither will be able to access the database and nor it will be able to recover.
Before discussing the procedure to recover SQL database from suspect mode. Let us have a look at the reasons which can put the database in the suspect mode.
Reasons For Database Suspect Mode in SQL Server
Here are the reasons for this problem, some of which are described below.
1. The user may have to face this problem in case someone deleted/misplaced a data/ log file when SQL server was offline. And the database will not start because of the missing file.
2. An inappropriate shutdown of the database server.
3. Due to unexpected power failure, or hardware related issues.
4. In the case when MSDB data file or MSDB log file got corrupted.
5. when the SQL server is shared with some other tools like Antivirus software. Which puts an exclusive lock on the data file/logfile.
Manual Procedure to Recover SQL Database From Suspect Mode
Please follow the steps to resolve this issue.
1. First, the user has to open the SQL server management studio and connect to your database.
2. Choose the New Query option.
3. Turn off the suspect flag on the database and set it Emergency
EXEC sp_resetstatus (your database name)
ALTER DATABASE database name SET EMERGENCY
4. Now perform the consistency check on the Master database
DBCC CHECKDB (‘your database name’)
5. Now the user has to bring the database into single-user mode and roll back the previous transactions.
ALTER DATABASE your database name SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
6. Take the Complete backup of the database.
7. Perform the database repair allowing some data loss.
DBCC CHECKDB( ‘your database name’, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)
8. Now bring the database into multi-user mode by executing this command.
ALTER DATABASE your database name SET MULTI_USER
9. Now refresh the database server and check the connectivity of database.
Important Note: In case if the user cannot be able to resolve this problem then the user can try SQL MDF Database Recovery resolve this issue. This is remarkable software to resolve all the corruption issues of MDF and NDF files. The user can easily recover the SQL server database objects such as tables, trigger, stored procedure, functions, etc. Also, the user can preview the deleted SQL tables records in red color. For complete details and working of this software, the user can try the demo version of this SQL file recovery software.r
The SQL Server is an effective application to manage tons of data. But sometimes the SQL user has to face problems while working with SQL server. In this article, we have discussed the procedure to recover SQL database from suspect mode. Also, we have discussed the primary reasons which marked the database in suspect mode. In case if the user won’t be able to resolve the issues with the help of manual methods then the user can try the automated solution to resolve this issue.